Thursday, July 1, 2010

Camp Twitter Facebook

We dropped Pinkie off at camp on Sunday. She is at a training camp for cheerleaders, gymnasts, skateboarders and BMXers. It is a word class facility with all the latest and coolest amenities but I have to say I was shocked to see kids wandering around talking/texting on their phones and hanging out in the "lounge" on their laptops. I was also shocked to see Red Bull vending machines at every turn. My friend says it sounds like I dropped my daughter off at Camp Twitter Facebook.

Indeed, I have. She has called me at least 10 times since drop-off and has texted me more times than I can count. One text was to inform me that that day's guest coach was Shawn Johnson--how cool is that?! She has also called me numerous times to complain about how sore she is. My mother reminded me that if she could not call me she would figure things out on her own. Instead, I found myself at the PO yesterday overnighting her three tubes of Icy-Hot. Talk about helicopter parenting! I am so ashamed.

One old-fashion thing that did make its way to Camp Twitter Facebook is this box of detergent:



How cute is that pink and green vintage box? I found it at our church tag sale and to my surprise it was full of lots of little detergent packets that were still good. I sent it along in Pinkie's trunk with instructions on how to wash her sports bras and spandex in the bathroom sink. But who am I kidding? Camp Twitter Facebook of course has a laundry service and I am sure when I pick her up I will be receiving her bill!

7 comments:

asdas said...

Poverty is stranger to industry.....................................................................

Preppy 101 said...

I'm with you - rather surprised at the Red Bull machines + unlimited texting, etc. Hope she has fun! xoxo

Amanda said...

Aw, helicopter parenting - we all do it!...Sounds like an awesome camp...I wouldnt be too crazy about the Red Bull and texts but at least they are to you! You SCORED on the shoes too, lucky! I have the same white Tish sandals too!

bevy said...

Hmmmm... Red Bull vending machines? Are the kids really drinking that stuff? I was under the impression that Red Bull was pretty bad for kids. Also, could you imagine all those hyped-up caffeinated kids? Glad you are at home! LOL

Hope you are having a great time with Miss Priss!

Semi-Slacker Mom said...

If it wasn't for all that cheering & such, I'd want to go to Camp TFB.

vishal said...

Earning money has online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month. So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income. All the best.

Thanks.

vishal said...

Easy Earning money in online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every Day.Sitting in the home earn around $100 perday. So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income. All the best.

Thanks.