Thursday, August 26, 2010

Queen of the Prom

The other day Pinkie asked me to play this game with her--
There is no telling where we got it (probably a garage sale) but I totally loved that it was the 1990s edition. I was gonna play that game and WIN! Look out, Pinkie, I am going to TAKE YOU DOWN, I told her. You see my very own Senior Prom was in 1991 and although I cannot for the life of me remember a thing about it (except that I had a cummerbund and bow tie made to match my dress and made my boyfriend wear it, to which he replied, less than thrilled, "I look like Carmen Miranda."), I can tell you that I did not in fact win Prom Queen (ok, we didn't have a prom queen, but still I was gunning to win this game).  

The goal of the game is to collect one boyfriend, one hair-do, one dress and one mode of transportation to the Prom then you go home, change clothes and win the crown! 

First you chose which Barbie you want to be. Here are the choices--

Tough, huh? I mean do you want to be the one with the totally tubular side pony? Or the one with hair the size of Texas? Or better yet the one with shoulder ruffles the size of Teresa Guidice's debt?

Your next tough decision is your date.  Let me introduce you to the contenders:



What a bunch of total hotties, right? (Is that a band aid on that one dork's glasses?!) The dude on the far right looks old enough to be someone's Dad!!!

Next is my favorite decision--mode of transportation!
Bitchin' Camaro or noble stead? It's a tough call. (And just for the record, I am pretty sure that if I arrived at my senior prom on a freakin' horse, I would never be able to show my face at that school or any other school South of the Mason-Dixon Line ever again.)

And finally, what is prom without a killer frock?

I think the girl on the very bottom is Lola from the Copacabana...

Who won the game, you ask? Pinkie. Of course. She was so happy you would think she had just won an Academy Award or a Pulitzer Prize. She even gave an acceptance speech, "I want to thank my mommy for living through the 90s and, even though her brain is fried from all the perm chemicals, loving me enough to play silly board games with me..."


13 comments:

R said...

WOW! I had that game as a kid. I always wanted the biggest dress and the side ponytail.

thepreppyprincess said...

This is absolutely hysterical. Oh. My. Word. The 'dorks" are amazing, all of it looks like a lot of fun. And good for Pinkie winning. :)
tp

Henley on the Horn said...

You are WAY too funny!!! What a fun walk back in time! Thank you!!!

CeCe said...

Did you see Toy Story 3? This post reminds me of the Barbie and Ken from the movie, so funny!

Preppy Mama said...

Oh my that is hilarious!! I want to play too!!

Laura said...

Hilarious! The '90's ROCK!!

EntertainingMom said...

OMG... this is HIL. AR. IOUS!!!!!!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

HAHAHA!!! I love it! Why on earth would they ever have a HORSE as an option for prom?! A horse-drawn carriage I could maaaaaybe understand, but a full on horse?! No way!!!

Lauren said...

What a HOOT! The girls and I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this game! Ha, ha!

bevy said...

Your commentary is priceless! Next time I play a board game, I definitely want you there!

The 5 Bickies said...

What a riot! I think my little one and I would love that game!

Amanda said...

Funny, Funny! I have missed u this Summer!...We just got rid of a Barbie B game kind of like that but ithad to do w/ careers?...Sad but true, I thought it was so confusing, I felt blond like Barbie :) so we ditched it while Charlotte wasn't looking...

Semi-Slacker Mom said...

I must find this game. Surely there's one on Ebay. Are better yet make my own from old pictures!!! c/o 93 in the house!